The RSCDS Health Strategy has been developed in response to the increasing evidence of the positive health benefits of regular, moderate and intense dance activity.
The RSCDS places emphasis on the three elements of fitness, fun and friendship that Scottish Country Dancing provides, and is uniquely placed to deliver these benefits through its worldwide network of Branches and Affiliated Groups.
The main aims of the strategy are:
- To encourage those with a range of physical and mental well-being health issues to be active and to participate in Scottish Country Dancing
- To increase the regular attendance of those with a range of health issues at RSCDS local Branch and Affiliated Group classes and related dance events
- To increase local Branch, Affiliated Group and RSCDS membership to safeguard Scottish Country Dancing for future generations
The strategy will be implemented by:
- Providing information to health service providers and other relevant agencies in the public and voluntary sector to promote the health benefits of Scottish country dancing and encourage support and direct engagement
- Providing information to local media, councils and Scottish government representatives to increase public awareness and to enlist support and direct engagement with Scottish country dancing