See you all in 2023!
Taking place over five days in the Scottish town of Pitlochry, Winter School attracts around 150 dancers from the UK, continental Europe, North America and Australasia. Attendees enjoy a 4-star stay in the Atholl Palace Hotel, with a range of classes, social dances, tours and of course, the famous ball at Blair Castle.
Thank you for attending Winter School in 2022!
The provisional dates for the 2023 event are now published, but please check back for updates
Winter School in Pitlochry ran from 20 - 25 February 2022, with an excellent line up of teachers and musicians - teachers were William Williamson, Sue Porter, David Hall and Fiona Mackie, musicians were Mo Rutherford, Adam Brady, Shona Macfadyen and Neil Copland.
Accommodation was provided by the luxurious 4* Atholl Palace hotel. Tickets included your room, breakfast, dinner, daily dance classes and social dancing each evening, plus a ball on your last night at the spectacular Blair Castle. Check in at Winter School was from 3pm on Sunday 20th and check out was by 10am on Friday 25th.
Get answers to our most commonly asked questions below.
Looking for more guidance? Get in touch and we'll try to help.
Click the blue "Book now" button to book online and select your chosen accommodation and class.
No. Please do NOT attend if you are displaying either confirmed or suspected COVID symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate. If you have received a positive COVID test result or have been instructed by the NHS to self-isolate then a full refund for any purchased event ticket(s) will be provided, on receipt of proof. Please email us at email@example.com.
Masks must be worn in the following circumstances:
- Upon arrival at the Atholl Palace Hotel and when you are moving around the venue
- During registration
- Upon arrival at the class venues
- On the buses to and from Blair castle
- Upon arrival at Blair Castle for the Thursday Ball
- During breaks at the Blair Castle Ball where you leave the Ballroom (e.g. to go to the rest rooms)
Masks need not be worn in the following circumstances:
- When you are seated, in the hotel dining room, bar or lounge area
- While dancing, either during classes or social dancing
Yes. If possible, please bring a small bottle of sanitiser for your personal use. Hand sanitiser dispensers will also be available at the various Winter school venues:
- Throughout the Atholl Palace
- At class venues
- At Blair Castle
Lateral Flow Testing:
Attendees are required to take a lateral flow test (LFT) within 24 hours ahead of checking in at the hotel. If the test displays a positive result, you must not travel and your fee will be refunded. Attendees should also come equipped with a box of lateral flow tests and test themselves each morning for the duration of the Winter School event.
Whilst this is encouraged, currently it is not mandatory for this event.
However, daily lateral flow testing for the duration of the event is required.
You must follow any Scottish Government travel isolation requirements if arriving from overseas.
- If you withdraw before 12pm on 20th January 2022 then you will be entitled to a refund of your fees, less an administration charge of £80. If you withdraw after that date, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, due to circumstances outside our control, we are required to cancel the 2022 Winter School event then we will inform all attendees and a full refund will be provided. The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society shall assume no liability for any losses resulting from individual pre-booked travel. Please check your personal travel insurance policy.
- If you have received a positive COVID test result or have been instructed by the NHS to self-isolate then a full refund for booking(s) will be provided, on receipt of proof. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.