Job opportunity - Fundraising and Development Officer
October 27, 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising and Development Officer to generate income and develop relationships with partners and supporters in this flexible, hybrid working role. Closing date for applications 7th November 2023.
As Fundraising and Development Officer, you will have the opportunity to help shape strategy, lead on exciting projects and build an impressive track record across income generation, stakeholder development and event management.
- Co-ordinate and manage fundraising across multiple income streams including trust, major donor and corporate
- Lead fundraising and income generation for key projects
- Support the planning and delivery of two annual events
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders
- Write funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
- Manage and develop the membership and regular donor strategy
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals as potential supporters of the organisation
- Develop a programme to encourage and facilitate the giving of legacy gifts to the Society
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the Executive Team and the Management Board
Ideally, you will have experience of fundraising in any of the following income streams: Trusts, Major Donors, Community Fundraising or Corporate but if not, we still want to hear from you if you have suitable transferable skills! These can include experience of generating income in areas such as partnerships, sponsorship or membership services, marketing or B2B corporate sales.
As long as you have had success in securing income or revenue through a diverse range of activities with excellent relationship building skills and the ability to interact with external partners, this could be the role for you!
You will be asked to provide a CV and a short covering letter detailing your experience. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and may close early.